The Drink Better® pet bowl encourages dogs to drink at a slower, healthier rate, and make less mess while they’re at it. Besides making a wet mess, dogs that drink too fast can experience digestive problems such as indigestion and vomiting, and light-haired dogs may experience staining of the muzzle (from chlorinated water).
The Drink Better bowl uses a floating obstacle to control the flow of water, encouraging dogs to drink slower and take only as much as they need, without soaking their ears and muzzles or slopping water around the feeding area.
Along with the EatBetter bowl, the Drink Better bowl encourages dogs to adopt a slower, healthier pace at mealtimes.
The Drink Better bowl:
- Prevents dogs from drinking too fast.
- Helps dogs avoid soaking their ears and muzzle.
- Minimizes the mess left by a sloppy drinker.
- Ensures your dog’s comfort with a smooth and ergonomic design.
- Sturdy non-skid design, constructed of K-Resin SBC — a high-quality food-grade polymer.
- Capacity: Approximately 16oz or 500ml.
The Drink Better® bowl is functional and attractive, and constructed of high-quality materials for years of trouble-free use. Plus, the Drink Better bowl offers these great features:
- Attractive design and colors: Each bowl is ergonomically designed in bright vibrant hues with rounded edges so that it does not cause any discomfort during drinking.
- Non-slip base: Spare your dog the indignity of having his bowl move from end to end when he drinks. With its weight and three-point non-slip pad, your dog can drink comfortably.
- Extremely durable: Made from high-grade K-Resin — a high quality food-grade plastic — the bowls are chew resistant and can survive all manner of drops and knocks.
H3″ x D8.5″
Many dogs drink their water too fast and this often causes them to regurgitate the water after drinking. This is a common problem with big and small dogs alike. The Drink Better® Bowl is specifically designed to slow down drastically the time dogs take to drink.
Each bowl is ergonomically designed with rounded edges so that it does not cause any discomfort during drinking. A floater in the middle features a small wishbone-shaped opening that allows water to flow out at a moderate rate. You can set the flow of water by adjusting the depth of the floater.
For example, to restrict the amount of water dispensed through the float, try filling the float halfway with water. To dispense less water, empty the float; to dispense more water, fill the float a bit more. (Avoid filling the float to the point that it rests on the bottom of the bowl.) Adjust the level of the float to suit your dog’s drinking needs.
Using the Drink Better™ bowl
Supervise your dog’s use of the Drink Better® bowl until you are confident it can be used effectively without supervision. It is important that your dog is comfortable with his new water bowl before you leave him alone for a lengthy period of time.
Clean well after each use
Contaminated water and drinking from an unhygienic water bowl are common causes of bacterial diseases that may lead to vomiting and diarrhea. After each use, rinse the bowl thoroughly with water and a mild soap solution, if necessary. Occasionally, give it a good scrub with a soft bristle brush. (The bowl is also dishwasher safe.) If you think your dog might have consumed contaminated water, consult a veterinarian.
One size fits all breeds
You can set the flow of water by adjusting the depth of the floater. For small to medium size-sized dogs, keep the floater near the surface to offer less water; for larger breeds, add more water in the floater so it sits lower below the surface and dispenses more water.