EatBetter helps your dog eat more slowly, minimizing many of the health issues associated with fast-paced eating including indigestion, vomiting and bloating. The wishbone center of the bowl creates an obstacle that prevents gulping or vacuuming behaviors. The bowl’s innovative design encourages dogs to take smaller mouthfuls and chew more.
To help promote healthier eating habits, the EatBetter bowl incorporates a raised wishbone-shaped partition that provides easy access to food, but prevents dogs from gulping their meal too quickly. The bowl’s innovative design encourages dogs to eat slower, take smaller mouthfuls, chew more, and avoid overeating.
Along with the DrinkBetter bowl, the EatBetter bowl encourages dogs to adopt a slower, healthier pace at mealtimes.
EatBetter now comes in two sizes: Petite and Jumbo.
Petite holds 2 cups of food (500 ml)
– Example breeds: Beagle, West Highland Terrier, Jack Russell, Shitzhu, Bulldog, Boston Terrier.
Jumbo holds 6 cups of food (1500 ml)
– Example breeds: Boxer, Doberman, Dalmatian, German Shepherd, Mastiff.
The EatBetter™ Bowl:
- encourages slower, healthier eating
- reduces vomiting and bloating
- improves absorption of nutrients through better digestion
- has sturdy non-skid design
- is made of high-quality, food grade, dishwasher safe plastic that does not contain Bisphenol-A
- is available in multiple colors and three sizes
The EatBetter® bowl is functional and attractive, and constructed of high-quality, food-grade plastic for years of trouble-free use. Plus, the EatBetter bowl offers these great features:
- Attractive design: Each bowl is ergonomically designed with rounded edges so that it does not cause any discomfort during feeding.
- Non-slip base: The EatBetter has a three-point non-slip pad to prevent the bowl from moving when your dog eats, ensuring your dog can eat comfortably.
- Extremely durable: Made from a high-quality food-grade plastic — the bowls are chew resistant, and can survive all manner of drops and knocks.
Many dogs have an unhealthy habit of eating too fast. They love to lap up all the food in a swift, sweeping motion and gobble down or “inhale” their food like a vacuum cleaner. By doing this, they end up swallowing their food without much chewing, thus leading to indigestion.
The wishbone design in the centre of the bowl has three peaks and connecting ridges, which serve as an obstruction that prevents your dog from gulping or sweeping up the food.
Using the EatBetter™ bowl
Supervise your dog’s use of the EatBetter™ bowl until you are confident that your dog is comfortable using it.
Clean well after each use
After each use, rinse the bowl thoroughly with water and a mild soap solution, if necessary. Occasionally, give it a good scrub with a soft bristle brush, or wash in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Make the switch
If your dog has problems switching over from his existing bowl, try adding bits of his favourite treats into the food to encourage him to eat from the new bowl. Once your dog is used to eating from his new bowl, you can resume his normal diet and leave the treats out gradually.